12.26.2007

There You Go


I've been really confused these past few months. I'm so young but for some reason i feel like i've grown and have a different mentality than others around me. Maybe it's because of recent events in my life that have changed me significantly, but i feel more mature and somewhat enlightened about life. I've always felt like having someone was necessary, although I rarely ever had anyone. Recently there's been someone that's always there if I need them but I think that it's hurting me instead of being a good thing. I'm not talking about friends, i have great friends that are there for me. I'm talking about the opposite sex. I don't need all the stress and hurt that comes with relationships right now, I need to focus on me and what I want in life. I've come to the realization that you don't need to be WITH someone to be happy. I don't need anyone to complete me or to tell me I'm beautiful. I know who I am and i'm happy with it. Sure, I see friends in relationships that work and they seem happy but we're so young at this age that it seems things won't last or be that sweet forever. I've seen relationships fail and people get hurt, which is something I don't want. I'm not saying that if someone comes along who is right for me or if someone turns out to be a person I can see myself with, that I'm not going to take that chance but right now I'd rather just live my life the way I want to. I'm going to enjoy being young and carefree and just have fun.
You're only young once, right?

No comments: